Thursday, July 19, 2012

Walkies

I've been inspired lately by a very compelling book entitled "The Old Ways: a Journey on Foot" in which the author tramps about ancient tracks and paths that were forged by the people of Britain hundreds, thousands, and in some cases, even millions of years ago. The Kelvin Walkway, of which I am so fond, leads from Glasgow to Milngavie (that's pronounced Mullguy, by-the-way!), and it's my new goal to eventually walk that distance (I think it's about ten miles). The other day I went a very, very small portion of the way (perhaps about 3 miles?) to the Forth & Clyde aqueduct (or thereabouts) then back to town to run a few errands. 


Anyway, here are a few pictures I took along the way:
Along the Kelvin Walkway.

Along the canal.


Back on the Kelvin walkway.



1 comment:

  1. Wow! I am so envious of you! I would like nothing more than to enjoy waling around with you! Makes me wish I were with you more than ever!!!

    ReplyDelete