Monday, July 9, 2012

Tip Tap Flat book launch!

Back in early December, an email was sent out to (I presume) all the students in the university, asking for contributions towards an anthology that would be published sometime this year. It was to be compiled and edited by the writer-in-residence Louise Welsh, and the subject was the city of Glasgow. So, having somewhat recently written a poem about St Mungo, I submitted that. I was told that I would hear back in late February/ early March if my poem had been accepted. Well, late February/ early March came and went, and it was the end of March when I had received an email saying my poem had been accepted! I would be in a published anthology about Glasgow! I was subsequently invited to the book launch, to take place on 28th of June.


I invited Rachel to come along with me, and we went to Waterstone's, on Sauchiehall street.


It was an interesting affair. A lot of the people seemed to know each other, and I recognised a fellow from the Gaelic department. There were a few readings, one of which was written in the Scots dialect, but a fellow studying architecture at the Glasgow School of Art - and he'd never written before!

At the bookshop. Louise Welsh explaining the book.

Back in the flat with my complimentary book.

3 comments:

  1. Oh hooray! Congrats! Have you posted that St. Mungo poem before? I'd like to read it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Mairi! I'm so proud of you and excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there! I just have seen that your Rss feed of this domain is functioning without any failures, did you somehow all the properties on your own or you simply left the initial settings of this widget?

    ReplyDelete