Monday, January 3, 2011

Kelvingrove Art Gallery

A statue of St Mungo above the doors to the museum.

Mother and I walked to the museum along the beautiful tree lined Kelvin Way. There were so many wonderful things we saw! Some of which I had seen before, but some I had not. We also had a scrumptious lunch in the museum cafe. We spent the whole day in the museum, it was quite glorious!
This sculpture is entitled Wives of Fishermen, from 1914.
This is a bust of Thenew, mother of St Kentigern, 1915. St Kentigern is St Mungo's real name. Mungo is more like a nick-name (but I prefer Mungo to Kentigern).

We happened upon a collection of 18th Century dresses - all of them glorious!





An embroidered pocket.

An embroidered stomacher.

4 comments:

  1. Oooh! Beautiful dresses. I love the mustard-colored one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures make everything come to life, and one feels as if the experience is one's own. Keep up the good work! Susa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for all the wonderful photos! I simply can't wait to come visit you! It looks like there is SO much to see! Love and miss you darling! xo Beccah

    ReplyDelete